- leftover pot roast, ~1 lb. cut into 1 to 1-1/2 in. cubes
- leftover mashed potatoes, ~3 cups
- leftover gravy, ~1-1/2 c.
- shredded cheddar, 1 c.
- frozen vegetable medley (I used Bird's Eye "Classic Medley", which is corn, carrot cubes, peas, and green beans)
- Cook 2 to 3 cups of vegetable medley according to package instructions and drain.
- Thicken gravy (as necessary). It should still be thin enough to pour. The best analogy is about the thickness of hot fudge (when it's actually hot).
- Combine the vegetable medley, pot roast, and gravy in a large bowl and mix well. Transfer to a deep casserole dish (I used a 10-in round stoneware dish). Spread mashed potatoes evenly across the top. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 min.
- Top with cheese and return to oven. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted and begins to brown. Alternatively, if you're impatient like I was, bake uncovered for ~5 to 7 min, until the cheese is melted, then broil to brown the cheese; just keep a close eye on it, so it doesn't burn.